Ian Matthews CEng, MEng, MIOA, AMIMEchE
- Director and Principal Consultant
- Chartered Engineer - Institute of Acoustics (2011)
- Institute of Acoustics Corporate Member (2005)
- Masters Degree, Engineering Acoustics and Vibration, Southampton ISVR (2001)
- Associate Member Institute of Mechanical Engineers (2001)
- Registered Sound Tester - ANC PCT Registration Scheme (2011)
- CSCS & CITB approved site operative (2011)
- DBS Checked (with update service)
- Suitably qualified acoustician for BREEAM assessment
Ian is the principal consultant at Red Twin Limited and oversees the technical and commercial aspects of all projects.
As a consultant Ian has developed great interpersonal skills and a professional yet pleasant manner of working to make acoustics accessible to all members of design teams and his clients.
Ian has lived and worked in Bristol all his life, including a stretch working for Airbus UK where he was responsible for the calculation and assessment of acoustic fatigue on the airframe, and involved in development of prediction techniques for aerodynamic noise and it's control under the XNOISE and SILENCE(R) projects.
Ian also previously worked for a small consulting practice where he was a senior consultant for six years, culminating in running the Bristol operations of the business.
Ian has completed a range of construction projects of all sizes all over the country. Some of Ian's notable projects include,
- Bristol Free School
- Worthing hospital laminar flow theatres
- Auchinleck House & Fiveways shopping centre redevelopment, Birmingham
- Sofitel Hotel, Heathrow Terminal 5
- 37 Esplanade, St Helier Jersey
- Burberry store, Knightsbridge London
- SAE Institute
- Performing Arts Centre, University of Plymouth
- Truro College Fal, Lyhner, White and Seaton buildings
- Diamond Jubilee Performing Arts, Lambrook School
- Rathfinny Winery, East Sussex
- Barnsley Grouped Schools PFI (13 Primary Schools)
- Penryn School (Cornwall BSF Pathfinder School)
- Brannel Performing Arts School, St Austell Cornwall
- Brunel University Student Accommodation
- Embassy Court, St Johns Wood London
- Woodview Learning Community, Plymouth (Devon BSF Pathfinder school)
There are many many more. Please contact us for further information.